Friday, September 21, 2018

Bullying

Hello Friends!!

I recently watched, Sierra Burgess Is A Loser on Netflix.  It was a wonderful movie and I highly recommend it to anyone that has faced bullying in their life.  I was bullied as a child and it was no fun.  I've always felt like an outcast in my life and still do at times.  This movie made me cry, laugh and everything in between.  It really made me think about how it was for me when I was in school.  

I could totally relate to the main character.  She was me and with social media, smart phones and all the technology they have nowadays, I can only imagine how much tougher being bullied is now.  If you have the opportunity, please watch this movie.  It truly is great one, plus the song at the end it so beautiful and it's called Sunflower.  :)  

I've posted the lyrics to the song below.  I've also attached an article explaining how the song was a standout anthem in the movie.  AMAZING!! 

Enjoy,
KJA


Sunflower

Rose girls in glass vases
Perfect bodies, perfect faces
They all belong in magazines
Those girls the boys are chasing
Winning all the games they're playing
They're always in a different league

Stretching toward the sky like I don't care
Wishing you could see me standing there

But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
If I were a rose, maybe you'd want me
If I could, I'd change overnight
I'd turn into something you'd like
But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
If I were a rose, maybe you'd pick me
But I know you don't have a clue
This sunflower's waiting for you
Waiting for you

But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
And if I were her, maybe you'd pick me
But I know you don't have a clue
This sunflower's waiting for you
Waiting for you

2 comments:

  1. Sunflowers are just as beautiful as roses and very unique and special in their own way, just like you. If everyone were a rose, they wouldn’t be special at all, now would they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my most beautiful and special sunflower girl!! <3

    ReplyDelete